As the temperature starts to rise, it’s important to make sure your AC unit is in good condition. Failing to do so can lead to several problems, such as increased energy costs and an overall decline in system performance. To avoid this, be sure to schedule a check-up with a qualified technician. Here are seven reasons why you need an AC check-up before the heatwave hits.
1. To ensure your system is operating at peak efficiency: Is your AC unit working as efficiently as it should be? Over time, AC units can lose their efficiency, which leads to higher energy bills. By scheduling a check-up, you can ensure that your system is operating at peak efficiency and avoid unnecessarily high energy costs.
2. To catch potential problems early: Small issues with your AC unit can quickly turn into major problems. By scheduling a check-up, you can catch potential problems early and avoid costly repairs down the road.
3. To extend the life of your AC unit: Regular maintenance can help to extend the life of your AC unit. By scheduling a check-up, you can keep your AC unit running smoothly for years to come.
4. To improve indoor air quality: If your AC unit isn’t working properly, it can negatively impact the indoor air quality of your home. With regular AC check-ups, you can ensure that your AC unit is operating correctly and improve the air quality in your home.
5. To save money: Regular AC check-ups can help you save money on your energy bills. By ensuring that your AC unit is operating efficiently, you can lower your energy costs.
What Is Included In AC Check-Up?
Be sure to ask the technician what is included in the AC tune-up service. Here are some of the things that should be included:
1. Cleaning the Condenser Coil: The condenser coil is responsible for dissipating heat from the refrigerant. Over time, the condenser coil can become dirty, which reduces its ability to dissipate heat. As a result, your AC unit has to work harder to cool your home, which leads to higher energy costs.
2. Checking the Refrigerant Level: The refrigerant is responsible for cooling the air inside your home. If the refrigerant level is low, it can cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary, leading to higher energy costs.
3. Checking the Evaporator Coil: The evaporator coil functions by absorbing heat from the air inside your home. If the evaporator coil is dirty, it can reduce the AC unit’s ability to absorb heat, which leads to higher energy costs.
4. Checking the Thermostat: The thermostat is responsible for regulating the temperature inside your home. If the thermostat isn’t working properly, it can cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary, leading to higher energy costs.
5. Checking for Leaks: Leaks in the AC unit can cause the refrigerant to escape, which can lead to a decline in system performance. By checking for leaks, you can ensure that your AC unit is operating properly.
6. Testing the Airflow: The airflow through the AC unit must be maintained to ensure proper system operation. By testing the airflow, you can ensure that your AC unit is operating correctly.
7. Lubricating the Fans: The fans inside the AC unit need to be lubricated to operate properly. By lubricating the fans, you can reduce the wear and tear on the AC unit and extend its lifespan.
8. Cleaning the Air Filter: The air filter inside the AC unit helps to remove contaminants from the air. Over time, the air filter can become clogged with dirt and dust, which can reduce the AC unit’s ability to cool your home. By cleaning the air filter, you can improve the efficiency of your AC unit.
9. Checking the Ductwork: The ductwork in your home is responsible for delivering conditioned air to your living space. If the ductwork is damaged, it can cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary, leading to higher energy costs.
At South Air Inc. we understand the importance of regular AC check-ups. We offer a variety of services to keep your AC unit running smoothly, including AC check-ups or AC tune-up in Cartersville, GA. Our experienced technicians will inspect your AC unit and perform any necessary repairs or maintenance. Contact us today at 678-721-6992 to schedule an appointment!